Home School Agreement
As a Catholic Community the school will:
- develop the spiritual life of all pupils through the daily act of worship, study of the faith, celebration of the mass and the organisation of liturgical services, retreats, pilgrimages and talks;
- foster a spirit of Christian service by encouraging pupils to be generous with their time and talents and to show compassion for those who are less fortunate;
- teach children to care for their surroundings and to be courteous and respectful towards all persons;
- provide a broad, balanced, challenging curriculum which stretches the academic, addresses special needs, rewards effort and is enriched by a wide variety of extra curricular activities;
- assess pupils’ work regularly, set, mark and monitor homework and report to parents at several intervals throughout the school year;
- be open and welcoming at all times, arrange an annual parents’ evening and inform parents immediately of any concerns regarding achievement, attendance or punctuality;
- keep parents informed about, and involved in policy making decisions and work with parents at all times to achieve the highest possible standards of academic achievement.
As Parents we will:
- support the school’s Catholic ethos;
- help to encourage and motivate our child to try their best in school.
- Send our child to school each day, on time, in the correct uniform with an acceptable hairstyle/ natural colour and no jewellery or piercings
- contact school to explain absence on the same day of that absence;
- avoid taking holidays or booking events during term time;
- check that our child brings books to take part in lessons;
- support our child in homework and preparing for assessments and examinations;
- Engage with the school by attending parents’ evenings to discuss progress;
- make the school aware of any problems that might affect our child’s work or behaviour in school.
As a Mount St Joseph pupil I shall try to:
- be proud of our school and represent our school out in the wider community;
- treat everyone with respect and support my year group, house and all the activities
- attend school regularly and on time;
- bring the equipment I need every day;
- wear my uniform with pride and ensure i am wearing the correct uniform and no jewellery;
- complete all my classwork as well as I can;
- be respectful, polite and helpful to others;
- keep the school free of litter and graffiti.