Within our school community of learners, believers and friends, the governors promote the very highest standards of educational achievement for all students. All school governors are members of a ‘corporate body’ with delegated powers and functions to be exercised in a lawful way.
School governors are volunteers and are drawn from different parts of the community; parents, carers, staff, LA, community and other groups.
The Governing Body drives strategic development and raising standards of achievement for all, with Governors challenging and supporting the school in a proportionate, fair manner on behalf of all children and families.
- The constitution of the Governing Body must be in line with the School Governance (Constitution) Regulations 2012
- The Governing Body consists of: Foundation governors, parent governors (at least two), one authority governor, one staff governor, one Headteacher, co-opted governors.
- The Governing Body at Mount St Joseph delegates certain responsibilities to various committees: Strategic, Ethos, Performance Management based on a scheme of delegation. (A copy of the scheme of delegation is attached below)
- Each of these committees has a separate Chair.
- Each committee presents a report on its work to the termly Governing Board meeting.
- There are at least three Full Governing Body meetings per academic year.
- A Chair and Vice Chair of Governors are appointed at the autumn term meeting.
- Records of meetings are maintained.
For 2020- 2021 the Chair is Mr Bernard Waldron MBE and the Vice Chair is Ms Marie Mannion.
The Clerk to Governors is Miss K Pasquill. Please send all correspondance to the school address for attention off Miss K Pasquill or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click the link below to view the current structures: