As a Roman Catholic School – Mount St Joseph strives to be a community of learners, believers and friends. Our ethos is underpinned by the gospel values of serving others, tolerance, compassion and forgiveness. As a community of learners, believers and friends, we are committed to the spiritual, moral, educational and social development of all our community.
John 1:7 “But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another...."
We proudly live by our school mission of being a “Community of Learners, Believers and Friends”. This mission statement is derived from our charism as a Sisters of Cross and Passion school; the school was founded to serve the local community in 1902. We seek to work in the spirit of the Sisters of the Cross and Passion who founded our school – striving to bring the compassion of Christ to the suffering and deprived, combating materialism and spiritual emptiness and teaching an understanding of the values of Christian family life and community responsibilities, locally, nationally and globally.
As a community of learners we aspire to achieve our full, academic potential in a happy, safe and caring environment.
As a community of believers, we aim to develop a full awareness of our spiritual and moral responsibility and a deepening love and understanding of our faith.
As a community of friends, we influence the people around us by using our unique gifts and talents to develop one another socially and culturally to build a better world.
Our community is bound together by the faith it proclaims. We celebrate the primacy of the spiritual and moral life, the dignity of the person, the importance of community, caring, social justice and the common good.
We seek to have Christ at the centre of all that we do in school and to give the students in our care the opportunity to grow spiritually in a loving worshipping community. We welcome children of other faiths and respect their beliefs and culture.
We believe that every child is uniquely created and loved by God and called by Him to fulfil a special purpose. It is our privilege to help each child to identify, nurture and use his/her talents to build a better world. To this end we will work in partnership with parents, parishes, the community of schools and with the wider community.
To This End We Will:
● Have high expectations of all staff and students reflected in ambitious targets for both
● Aim to attain the highest academic standards
● Allow no limits to aspirations or learning
● Promote an entrepreneurial ethos across the curriculum in styles of teaching and learning
● Recognise and reward enterprise skills
● Develop strong links with business partners evident in both the governance of the school and classroom practice
● Enrich the curriculum with projects rooted in a real business context. Work to develop real partnerships with the community of schools, enabling the dissemination of good practice
● Use the latest technological resources to promote flexible extended learning
'A Community of Learners, Believers & Friends'