What are Free School Meals?
They are school dinners for children between the ages of 4 and 16 who attend full time school (but not private schools). They may also be awarded to some children outside this age range who attend full time school or nursery.
Do I qualify?
To qualify you or your partner must be getting one of the following:
- Income Support
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance
- Guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit only (but no award of Working Tax Credit) and have an annual income, as assessed by the HM Revenues and Customs, that does not exceed £16,190.
How do I apply?
If you or your partner would like to make a claim this can be done by;
Telephoning 01204 331590 or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by visiting one of our local offices.
You do not need to make a separate claim if you are already getting or have applied for Housing Benefit / Council Tax Benefit or School Clothing Allowance. We will use the information and evidence you have already provided to confirm your entitlement.
What evidence is required?
You need to provide an up to date document showing that you are getting one of the above qualifying benefits.
If you do not have any proof or require further information, please contact us for advice on 01204 331590 or visit our website www.bolton.gov.uk